_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Keeping Your Kids Catholic Discussion Group Starting

About four weeks ago I wrote about struggling with the choice of teaching seventh grade CCD or working to start an adult education program Our DRE was supportive of trying to teach provide education for the parents but really needed help with the kids’ classes. I agreed to do seventh grade this year with an eye towards working on a parent education program in the future.

With that in mind, I am going to try an experiment. I am going to offer an on-line discussion of the book Keeping Your Kids Catholic by Bert Ghezzi. This is a great collection of essays by a variety of authors. It covers Catholic parenting issues from toddlers to teens. I would love to include both new parents and experienced parents in the exchange of ideas. Let’s share our challenges, questions, and success stories.

Our CCD classes start on September 12. I am going to invite my students' parents to be part of the discussion so beginning September 20, I will cover one chapter every week. The end of each chapter has a set of discussion questions. I will post those questions along with my thoughts every Wednesday. I invite you to read along and join in the discussion. If you want to post your thoughts on your own blog, please just provide a link in the comments sections of my post.

Please spread the word of this discussion group so we can enjoy varied and lively discussions.

I will post the questions for the first chapter on September 20. Hope this works out to be an enjoyable and instructive experiment.

3 comments:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Sounds good. I think I have this book. I'll look for it.

Sister Mary Martha said...

I'll be checking in. I know I can help, since I have eyes in the back of my head.
sister mary martha

Lynne said...

I'll want to participate too. I just bought but haven't read it yet...

ShareThis