Yesterday I was unfortunate enough to sit through a Mass by a Grumbleton wannabe. I'm sure this priest eats up everything Grumbleton has every written or said.
(Father) Xyz began the Mass with:
“For those of you unfortunate enough to know me, I am Xyz
For those who are fortunate to not know me, you will soon find out why.”
For the penitential rite:
“We gather to show our gratitude to God. Let us think of what we are grateful for.”
During the homily the priest told the congregants:
• ”the Church teaching about women not being ordained is stupid. The Church is saying they (women) are unclean.”
• “homosexuals who want to make love to each other are not welcome in the Church, this is stupid.”
• “it doesn’t matter what form of dress you wear to Mass, shorts and flip-flops are fine”
He lifted his alb, (no chasuble), to show he had on shorts.
• “Anyone who any of this bothers is judgmental.”
This is what I personally witnessed:
• The priest’s hands in pants pockets during intercessory prayer.
• Three consecrated hosts fell on the floor behind the altar because of a plastic saucer was used instead of a ciborium or bowl. He must have caught the Hosts with the sleeve of his alb.
• He then walked on the Hosts.
• He then distributed communion expecting the communicant (the extraordinary ministers) to self communicate; for them to take the host from the plastic saucer themselves.
• The Presider sat in his chair throughout Holy Communion distribution
• His version of the GIRM:
Priest: The Lord is with you. Response: And also with you. Priest: Thank you
• After the Lamb of God he announces:
“Come receive what you are and become what you receive.”
Now I have written about Masses that push the limits of liturgical correctness, but poor Elizabeth’s experience is beyond the pale.
Pray for the Diocese that endures such a priest. Pray that this priest may have a conversion and accept Catholicism or leave the Church so that he no longer precipitates such scandal.