KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Exactly what are the Dutch smoking?

Is there anything the Dutch won’t try?

London, Oct 25 (ANI): A leading Dutch woman politician has called for the country's prostitutes to be sent abroad with the troops to help them better relax.

Annemarie Jorritsma, a politician for the centre-right People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) and the mayor of the town of Almere, went on national Dutch TV to demand the 'extra benefits' for soldiers.

She said: "The army must think about how their soldiers can let off some steam".

I am sure the Muslim countries in which the Dutch soldiers serve would be thrilled with this.

1 comment:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

And this is a politician. What an embarrassment for the country. If you don't understand the dignity of the human person you can get all kinds of things confused.

ShareThis