KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Enthronement of the Image of the Holy Family


Last night we completed Step 2 in our Family Consecration plan. We enthroned a picture of the Holy Family in our home. We followed the format provided by the Apostolate for Family Consecration. We began with a reading from the Gospel of John 17: 15-19.

I am not asking you to remove them from the world, but to protect them from the Evil One. They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world. Consecrate them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world, and for their sake I consecrate myself so that they too may be consecrated in truth.


We placed our picture of the Holy Family in a prominent place. We read the Family Covenant with the Holy Family Prayer. Then we prayed a rosary together. Each of us has a copy of the Daily Consecration Prayer to offer each morning.

Most Holy Family, unite my daily life with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Accept all of my spiritual and material possessions as my seed of sacrifice offered to the Sacred and Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, in union with St. Joseph. This shall be my commitment in life, in death, and in eternity. Amen.


Our family retreat begins on February 20. Even if you cannot make the retreat, consider the prayer above as a wonderful morning offering. The destruction of families is leading our culture away from God. The strengthening of families by uniting them with the Holy Family will lead our culture back to God.

No comments:

ShareThis