KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Recommended Lenten Reflection

We are on Day 13 of our 40-day family retreat for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary in union with St. Joseph. The first twelve days have spoken of the Spirit of the World. Now we are called to a deeper knowledge of ourselves.

Ask for the graces to humble yourself as a spiritual child of Mary and ask her to help you to renounce your own will and to realize that God has a plan for your life, one that is better than you could ever imagine. Whether it be in sickness or health, you just need to strive to know and accomplish God’s Will. Our Lord said in Matthew 7:21, “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”

Mary is the perfect model for doing God’s Will. She will form you into His image and likeness if you let her. Your most precious Mother will protect you if you let go of your self-will and let her take possession of you.

Even if you are not participating in this retreat, I encourage you to view the video introduction to Knowledge of Self. This is a wonderful Lenten reflection that covers sanctifying grace, actual grace, and the need to let go of our own will and embrace God’s will. It also speaks of the power of God’s love and mercy and perfect forgiveness that are available to us in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. While it is immensely valuable as an individual reflection, I think watching it with your spouse or even your whole family if you have older children is even better. I would guess children ages twelve or older could certainly benefit from this.

No comments:

ShareThis