_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Divine Mercy for Straying Souls


Today is the fifth day of the Divine Mercy Novena. The Apostolate for Family Consecration is continuing a podcast of each day’s devotional meditations. Today we bring the souls of those who have left the Church to The Divine Mercy of Jesus.

Today bring to Me the souls of heretics and schismatics, and immerse them in the ocean of My Mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart; that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church, My wounds heal, and in this way they alleviate My Passion.

Just two days ago we celebrated the great feast of Easter. Sitting with us in the pews, were countless souls who have separated themselves from the Church. It is so easy to write them off as “C&E” Catholics. Yet these souls still hunger enough for Christ’s Church that they will make it to Easter Mass. We do not know what keeps them away. Perhaps it is ignorance, anger, pride, or pain.

Let us remember in a special way these souls as we pray today’s Divine Mercy Chaplet. Let us pray that something from Sunday’s Easter experience will be the spark to ignite the flame of true Faith. Let us pray that they will join us this Sunday, on Divine Mercy Sunday. What a perfect Sunday to return to the Church and feel the healing power of God’s Perfect Mercy.

No comments:

ShareThis