KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Sunday, July 22, 2007

A rescued "Aggie" in the garden


My garden and deck plants survived my absence. It does look like a little weeding, deadheading of daisies, and watering are in order, but overall, it looks pretty good. I’ve been writing about my struggles with the wildlife as we battle in the garden. I bought a beautiful dianthus earlier this summer because it was the perfect maroon and white of Texas A&M. My son is a rising senior there. He proudly wears his senior boots in the Corps. In his honor I wanted this flower in my garden. I tried to pick a spot that had been relatively untouched by critters and it did survive for about three days. But then I walked into the garden and it was nibbled to a nubbin. I dug up the remaining plant and have been nursing it in a pot on my upstairs deck. Therefore, I am thrilled by the sight that awaited me as I returned from Texas yesterday. Two beautiful maroon and white blossoms stood proudly at attention and several buds looked like they would bloom any day now. Take that, Mr. Rabbit! I don’t know the official name of this dianthus variety, but I think "Aggie" sounds like a good name to me.

No comments:

ShareThis