KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Evangelizing at Christmas Mass

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has just released a new document on evangelization. I have not read the entire document, but the bottom line seems to be that we are called to evangelize. We are called to proclaim the Gospel. We are called to lead others to conversion.

With this attitude in mind, please remember that when you attend Mass on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, you will be joined by multitudes of non-Catholics and lapsed Catholics who are compelled by something or someone to attend Mass on this day. You are the face of Catholicism they will remember. Did you smile and welcome them? Did you help them find the right page in the missal or hymnal? Did you exude joy that so many wanted to welcome the Incarnation of our Lord, or did you grumble that the church was too crowded and the parking lot too full?

Christmas Mass is one of your prime times to evangelize. However, it is your actions, not your words that will bring these souls back to the Church in January. Offer up any inconveniences they present at Christmas Mass and pray for the grace to be patient, gracious, and welcoming.


UPDATE: Welcome to all who are visiting my blog from Danielle Bean's blog. Thank you for stopping by. Please browse through my other entries and feel free to visit any time.

3 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Great reminder!

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Just what i need to remind me..God bless..

frival said...

You're absolutely right. I hope the priest scheduled for the Mass our family will attend departs from his usual minimalist liturgy at least this once, but if he doesn't it will at least be more for me to offer up. I think I'll leave this post open on my computer just to remind me of this each time I look at the screen before we all head out.

You never know, your smile might just jump-start the (re-)conversion of the next saint.

ShareThis