_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, March 06, 2008

A bit distracted

I know I haven't posted much in the last few days. I guess I am a bit distracted. In fact I am almost giddy! My Texas A&M senior will be home for spring break on Saturday. I am not sure when he will be home again. He gets commissioned as an Army Second Lieutenant in early May and heads directly to his first assignment. However, what has me feeling bubbly is that he is not coming home alone. He is bringing home his sweetheart! (Is my little guy who was so brave when Daddy went off to war really old enough for this? For that matter, am I old enough for this?) I've never met her. I guess that is part of the downside of sending your child 1500 miles away to college. I just want to make this introduction as warm, welcoming and relaxed as I can. Do keep us in your prayers. Blessed Mother, St. Monica, St. Ann, and all other mother saints, please pray for us!

5 comments:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I will certainly pray..

Denise said...

Oh how exciting!!! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all for this....maybe once things slow down (HA!? When is that??) :-) We can try for coffee and Mass.

Michelle said...

Oh, wow, very exciting. I hope all goes well, hope she's lovely, too. I'll pray for you all!

Jim said...

I'm praying for all of you, particularly the young girl. God bless all of you.

Ebeth said...

We will be praying for you and the wonderful visit with son and sweetheart!

ShareThis