KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, June 23, 2008

Prayers for a Safe Journey are Continuing

Sometimes you just have to say a prayer of thanksgiving and believe that your guardian angel was on duty. My parents are making the drive back home to Texas after spending some time with me here in Virginia. This afternoon stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Tuscaloosa for a bite to eat. While they were eating my dad glanced out the window and noticed a policeman was checking all the cars. They had left their dog in the car so my dad went outside to make sure all was okay. He was greeted by dozens of law enforcement officers, guns drawn and ready for action. They instructed him to immediately get in his car. He tried to explain that his wife was still inside and was told not to worry. They would get her out. Don’t worry—right! He called my mother on her cell and told her about the police and instructed her to leave immediately. Of course she found a manager and asked to pay her bill first, but he told her to just go on ahead and not worry about it. He didn’t tell her why. She cracked the main door to the restaurant and the police whisked her out. My parents quickly left the scene as the SWAT team was arriving. A police helicopter was circling ahead. When my mother called to tell me about the events she said it all seemed like a dream. She had no idea what was behind the police activity. A few hours later I found this on the internet. I’ve got a candle lit and am continuing to pray that the rest of their journey is uneventful.

2 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

All right, that is WAY too much excitement for anyone on a trip. I hope everything else goes smoothly until they are safely home.

Caramore said...

I will certainly be praying for your folks.

ShareThis