_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Catholic Carnival 182 is waiting for you!

It is once again time for a new Catholic Carnival. Joe at Ho Kai Paulos is hosting this weeks edition. I haven't made my way through all the entries, but with a title like "Naked Bloggers" I had to read Elena's post. She talks about our obligation as Catholic blog readers to always speak the truth:

The entire thing has made me think not so much about Catholic blogging, but more about Catholic blog reading! As a Catholic blog readers, I think we always carry around the obligation to speak the truth, (in love certainly) when we are confronted with immoral or even sinful actions. Indeed the catechism tells us:

1868 Sin is a personal act. Moreover, we have a responsibility for the sins committed by others when we cooperate in them:
- by participating directly and voluntarily in them;
- by ordering, advising, praising, or approving them;


Catholics it seems then have a little problem. It's fine to be a faithful follower of a blog, but when that blogger "lays it out there" and we know that "out there" is wrong, in good conscience can we be silent?

qui tacet consentire videtur or


He who is silent appears to consent.


There are many more good thoughts to ponder at the Carnival so head on over and enjoy!




No comments:

ShareThis