KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Thank You For The Prayers

First of all, thank you for your prayers against the storm. Tropical Storm Eduard made a northeasterly turn and sped up after I posted last night. He is already ashore and does not appear to be causing much trouble. We will spend the day making last minute preparations for tomorrow's move in to the dorm.

I must also thank all those who have offered prayers for my daughter's recovery from knee surgery. She is now about seven weeks post-op and making steady progress. Emotionally it is hard. She will be moving in to the dorm with her college soccer teammates, but when the rest of the girls hit the practice field she will be heading for more physical therapy. But as I have said before, every challenge is an opportunity for virtue. This is her opportunity to exercise patience and diligence.

I know we have been lifted up and buoyed by your prayers. I will be praying for you as well.

2 comments:

Jackie Parkes said...

Will certainly pray..

Jim said...

Congratulations! According to US News & World Report, Rice University is ranked as one of the best colleges in America.

Best Colleges 2009

ShareThis