_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, September 15, 2008

Prayers Answered

My heartfelt thanks go out to all who offered prayers as Hurricane Ike roared through Texas. That little jog to the east that the Hurricane took at the last minute certainly made the devastation a bit less. However, many are still suffering so prayers as well as donations to Catholic Relief Services or the Red Cross are still appreciated.

My own family members in Houston fared pretty well. My two children at Rice hunkered down with their schoolmates in the cafeteria during the worst of the storm. They never lost power. The campus had some minor flooding, downed trees, and lots of other debris but nothing too major. My parents made it through in similarly good shape. My in-laws are part of the 75% of Houston households that do not have power, but there was no major damage to their home so there are inconveniences but not catastrophes. All in all, it could have been much worse, so we are grateful.

Thank you again for your prayers.

No comments:

ShareThis