_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings to All!


So far today I have baked one pumpkin pie and one pecan pie. I have boiled and mashed the sweet potatoes for tomorrow. I have baked one batch of cornbread for dressing. The turkey neck and giblets have been simmering with onions, celery and seasonings all day so that I have plenty of broth for dressing and gravy. A few last minute cleaning details to go. I will set the table for tonight.

Then I will go to the airport to pick up my daughter, second son, and oldest son's fiancee from one flight and my oldest son from another flight. We will have everyone home by midnight if all is on schedule.

Tomorrow it will be up for Mass (A Mommy Day of Obligation!) then the feast begins around 1pm. I really don't know when I will get back to the computer to blog. Therefore:

May your Thanksgiving Day be filled with blessings. You will be in my prayers. I will certainly be saying a prayer of thanksgiving for the readers of my blog. May God keep you and bless you always.

No comments:

ShareThis