_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas


As we honor Advent as a time of preparation for the coming of Christ we should take time to celebrate the many feasts of December. After all, our veneration of the saints is not an end in and of itself, but rather an aid that leads us to Christ. Today we celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas. Far from being a red suited purveyor of materialism, St. Nicholas is revered as a warrior against heresy and an exemplar of charity.

St. Nicholas, pray for us.

No comments:

ShareThis