KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, December 08, 2008

Something Fun


This is kind of fun. Take a look at where the actors of A Christmas Story are now.

In the late 1990's I was the doctor for student health services at a university in Ohio. A young man came in with a BB embedded smack dab in the middle of his forehead bone. Of course, as a mom as well as a doctor I felt compelled to tell him "You know, you could have shot your eye out." As my nurse, also a mom, prepped the young man for the removal of the BB she too issued this standard motherly response. However, both of us accepted without question our patient's story that he was watching his buddy shoot the BB gun and the BB ricocheted off a building and struck him in the forehead. It was only after I mentioned the incident to my husband that I began to have my doubts. Once my husband got his laughter under control, he asked,"Do you really think after bouncing off of a wall, a BB would still have enough force to embed in his forehead? Those guys were shooting beer cans off of each other's head." Oh. It must be a guy thing. Well, he still could have shot his eye out.

1 comment:

Barb, sfo said...

Definitely a guy thing. LOL!

ShareThis