KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sentire Cum Obama

Looks like President Obama has moved into his Chicago-style power and and intimidation mode and does not tolerate dissent:

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

That wasn't Obama's only jab at Republicans today.

In an exchange with Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) about the proposal, the president shot back: "I won," according to aides briefed on the meeting.

"I will trump you on that."

Sorry, Mr. President. You cannot claim to be protected from error. Dissent is allowed.







2 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Why, he's just getting past partisan politics.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, I pray for Pres. Obama, and a certain amount of pushing back and forth in a negotiating session is only to be expected. (Hey, we're talking about a bunch of lawyers here.)

I will confess to some rather dark amusement, however, at how easy it'd be to substitute another name (Keith Olbermann, maybe, or Chris Matthews) for "Rush Limbaugh" and leave the sense of the President's sentence intact—only with the other political polarity.

Peace,
--Peter

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

But I thought dissent was the same as patriotism!!

What a pity.

Our family prays for the president, too, especially that he'll be converted and have a change of heart about life.

BTW, I was at the March, too. I'm busy importing my pictures and will load them up ASAP.

ShareThis