KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Priorities

I do not want to trivialize the scandal of Notre Dame giving President Obama an honorary law degree, but this comment from Julianne Wiley at Amy Welborn's blog made me pause:

I very much doubt that Notre Dame would have invited as Commencement speaker or Law honoree a powerful political figure who consistently spoke out against, and effectively acted against, the value of collegiate football.


I hate to say it, but I think she is right.

2 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Absolutely right.
(And I'm a big Irish football fan myself.)

Jason said...

If he was a new incoming President of the United States, they certainly would.

That seems to be getting lost in all this. Notre Dame regularly bestows this honorary degree on an incoming POTUS. President Obama will be the ninth.

It's not as though they just said, "Hey cool, everyone likes this Obama guys, let's give him a degree!"

ShareThis