KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A new low for partisan politics


Felix Sanchez, the Chief Executive Officer of TerraCom, a government and public relations firm in Washington D.C., is propagating a digital image of Our Lady of Guadalupe with the Blessed Virgin’s face replaced with the face of Sonia Sotomayor. Above the image he writes the words "Confirm Sonia Maria Sotomayor". As a Catholic American woman of Mexican heritage, I find the politicization of this sacred image revolting.


May the real Our Lady of Guadalupe pray for us!



H/T Creative Minority Report

1 comment:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

I find it revolting too and supremely insulting to Our Lady. How dare they do that??

ShareThis