_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, November 16, 2009

A Catholic Guide to End-of-Life care

My son had surgery this past Friday. All went well. However, as part of the admission process I was handed a booklet on advanced medical directives. Imagine my surprise when I read that nutrition and hydration are considered "life-prolonging" therapies and therefore should be withheld so that you don't prolong the dying process. This is contrary to Catholic moral teaching. Read more about this here and find out what you can do to protect yourself from the immoral end-of-life care in many secular institutions.

No comments:

ShareThis