_____KITCHEN TABLE CHATS________

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, January 04, 2010

Testing the Water

Life is always changing. As of today it looks like I will be dipping my toes back in the employment waters. Now that one child is launched and married, two are in college, and one is nearly half-way through high school I am looking for a little paid employment. I will be teaching human anatomy and physiology at the local community college. I've never had any desire to get back into clinical medicine. The lawyers and the insurance companies took all the fun out of that. If I think about it, what I really loved about practicing medicine was the teaching. Family physicians don't cure a lot. What we do is educate our patients on both preventive and therapeutic measures for their health. So I guess I will let my inner teacher come out. School starts in a week. I have a lot to do to get ready. Lesson plans, labs, paperwork, etc are waiting for me.

3 comments:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Good for you, Denise! I think you will be a great teacher. We all learn a lot from you.

John said...

Good luck with the new job.

Jennifer said...

Great! I moved from clinical practice to teaching in a residency clinic part-time (outpatient only) and I love it! I think we, as family physicians, are teachers at heart, since that is what we do everyday in the office with our patients. I think it's a perfect fit for you!

ShareThis