KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, May 22, 2006

There but for the Grace of God...

Right now the Episcopal Church is suffering a great deal of pain and anguish. As I have loved ones affiliated with this church, I grieve with them as they see their church travel down a path that seems contrary to the Gospel.

Catholics watch the Episcopal Church closely. Episcopal foibles are well detailed here, here, and here. (I’m not picking on Gerald. He just had several recent posts addressing the issue so it was an easy link.) We watch not with prideful gloating but with guarded caution. Many in the American Catholic Church want to lead us down this same path. In the Episcopal Church’s woes, we see our future if we ever allow the foes of orthodoxy to gain the upper hand. Seeing the Episcopal Church keeps me on my knees praying for the Pope, the Cardinals, the Bishops, and the Priests of our Catholic Church. It takes strong shepherds to keep the flock from straying.

We must continually trust that for every dark spot in the Church hierarchy there is an even brighter light. For every Cardinal Mahoney, there is a Bishop Finn. Jesus promised our Church would prevail. I must surrender myself to that promise and trust in Him.

No comments: