KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"Spiritual Injuries"

Curt Jester has an absolutely hilarious list of “Spiritual Injuries”. Read the entire list but these are some of my favorites:

Cranium Sprain: Occurs when straining to come up with a charitable explanation for someone's actions when none are evident.

Tabernacle whiplash: Happens to some looking back and forth in a rapid action trying to spot the tabernacle in a church.

Inclusive Language Twitch: A nervous condition experienced by readers at Mass who strain to convert male pronouns into inclusive language on the fly. Breakdowns after the realization that they forgot to add a "and sister" after saying brother are known to occur.

Vocal Cord Spasm
: Caused by attempting to sing unsingable liturgical music that resides in nobody's vocal range except possibly porpoises and whales.

Leoretardation
: Disease that results in reduced mental capability where the sufferer thinks that liturgical dance is a good idea in bringing people closer to God in worship.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I saw the list too, and laughed myself sick. My absolute favourite was Tabernacle Whiplash. I dislike this expression, but, "been there, done that!"