KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Trinitarian Moment of Grace

Sometimes I just need to hear new words for a familiar concept. This morning Father spoke of the Trinity. (today is the feast of the Holy Trinity) Sure I knew the concept. One God. Three Persons. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I don’t know that I have ever thought too much farther than that. I am actually pretty happy to chalk it up to a mystery that I accept and press on. Today, however, a little tiny light lit up a bit of the mystery for me. Father explained God is of a single nature. He is God. Within that nature he is three persons. Nature is what you are. Person is who you are. God’s all knowing perfect nature can accommodate three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Three Persons of the Trinity exist in such perfect love and harmony, they can exist within the single nature of God.

It is very difficult to verbalize why hearing that phrasing of the mystery of the Trinity felt like a little epiphany for me. I just felt like I had a growth spurt of understanding. It was a moment of grace. Such a moment is why I need to keep praying, keep listening, and keep learning. The labyrinth of Faith is never ending.

No comments: