KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dueling Ideologies in Richmond

Amy Welborn noted that there are two competing blogs covering Catholic happenings in the Richmond Diocese. This is in my backyard, so to speak, so I took notice.

The first blog is Richmond Catholic. This blog supports the orthodox Catholics in this beleaguered diocese. Until two years ago they were guided by one of the most liberal voices in the Catholic Church. The second blog , A Voice in the Diocese of Richmond supports those bemoaning the hint of orthodoxy that has appeared since Bishop DiLorenzo took over two years ago. Believe me, it is only a hint. I travel to this diocese frequently and never know what I will find. Read my description of the ”power point” Mass or the ”Yee Haw” Mass to get a flavor of what is a regular occurrence in this diocese.

Not every orthodox bishop is a Bishop Finn or even a Bishop Carlson. I know that Bishop DiLorenzo is well aware of the heterodoxy he has inherited. He is using his best judgment to gauge the most appropriate course of action to bring orthodoxy to his diocese. We must pray for him as we must pray for all our bishops.

No comments: