KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Experts Have Spoken

When we went to bed last night the weather forecast called for a wintry mix today with up to two tenths of an inch of ice accumulation. We awoke to a light dusting of snow. As we left for Mass great big heavy white flakes of snow were falling. The weather forecast had been adjusted to a possible one inch of snow accumulation. By the time we returned from Mass there was at least two inches of snow in the driveway. My husband and children cleared the driveway. Then did it again about an hour later. Then my two children cleared the driveway one more time. The weather forecast was again adjusted and called for 1 to 3 inches of snow. After the fourth time of shoveling the walk and driveway and looking at our deck with a good 8 inches of accumulated snow, I am happy to report the weather forecast has once again been revised. It now calls for 4-8 inches of snow. CCD is canceled for tonight. The school district has not made any decisions about school for tomorrow. After all, the weather forecast says the worst should be over by midnight tonight. It should be fine by morning. You think so?

3 comments:

Rich Leonardi said...

Mom,

One of my readers is going to hand-deliver a copy of "A Pilot's Prayer" to the St. Xavier teacher mentioned on my site.

Argent said...

So, are you all burrowed in today?

Catholic Mom said...

The road crews worked diligently all night so the kids just had a two-hour delay starting school. However, my landscape is definitely blanketed in a thick coating of white!