KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Please Pray

As the mother of three Boy Scouts, this story strikes very close to my heart. Please add Michael Auberry and his family to your prayers.

Blessed Mother, please wrap your mantle of protection over this child of yours.
St. George, please pray for Michael.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us this day in battle,...

UPDATE: Probably nearly simultaneously with my posting this request for prayers, Michael Auberry was found after four days of being lost. The news story stays he was found just before 11:00 AM and I posted at 10:53. Thanks be to God for this joyous news.

3 comments:

Argent said...

Thank the Lord he was found! And my heart was pierced by this, too, as a mother of three Scouts and heavily involved with our troop.

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Thanks be to God!!!

Barb, sfo said...

I'm also a Scout's mom (and a future Scout's mom) and I was praying hard when I heard about this. I am thanking God that this young man is now safe with his family.