KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wise Words from Cardinal Arinze


If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I am a great fan of Cardinal Arinze. (Note the link to his webcast on my sidebar.)The Apostolate for Family Consecration has produced this video of Cardinal Arnize that is perfect to watch now that Lent is over. We have just spent forty days in penance and prayer increasing our spiritual strength. So what do we do with this newly found fortitude? Cardinal Arinze gives us clear concrete instructions on the calling of the lay faithful. He outlines our responsibility for the present moment.

The video is just over forty-five minutes long so go ahead and make your coffee or tea and settle in for the perfect spiritual pep talk. Better yet, gather your spouse and older children (probably ages 12 and over) and watch it together. We are each called to live lives of holiness and to be saints. Let Cardinal Arinze explain to you how it is done.

No comments: