KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hawk Encounter


This morning I went outside to walk through the garden and assess what damage the bunny, woodchuck and deer had done overnight. I noticed a lot of flapping of wings in the neighbor's back yard. The neighbors built a batting cage that is enclosed by netting. Apparently a hawk had managed to get inside and couldn't find his way out. He kept flying from end to end and getting caught in the netting. I got my boys and they worked for about an hour to help the hawk find its way out of the enclosure. It wasn't easy since they wanted to give those sharp talons and pointed beak plenty of room. Let me correct that. I wanted them to give those sharp talons and pointed beak plenty of room. I thought my testosterone filled college boys were a bit too cavalier in confronting the hawk. They could never get him to go back through the open door flap but they did lift the back wall of netting and eventually coax him out that end. One son did get a picture of him. He was not a happy hawk. He was much prettier when he had his wings spread.

No comments: