KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Adult Religious Education Bleg

Amy Welborn is writing a study guide to accompany the new book on the Apostles written by Pope Benedict XVI. It sounds perfect for an adult education program. There will be twelve sessions, one for each Apostle, and each session study guide will include an opening prayer, questions for discussion, questions for reflection, and a closing prayer. This of course brings me back to my never-ending quest to establish meaningful adult education in our parish. While it would be wonderful to have our priests provide all the education we need, the truth of the matter is they do not have the time. So books with study guides, video programs, and audio programs that can be easily implemented as adult ed programs by volunteer catechists are essential.

This brings me to my question for you:

What pre-packaged adult education programs have you participated in that you thought were especially useful and enjoyable?

They need to inspire discussion but not be so nebulous that the program becomes the blind leading the blind. They need to be faithful to the Magisterium. The series on Keeping Your Kids Catholic that I have linked on the sidebar is an example of a book with study guides program that I enjoyed. I am especially interested in programs that address family issues, Church history, and apologetics.

Thanks for your help!

No comments: