KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, June 15, 2007

Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus



"I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment" (Jesus to St. Margaret Mary).

Today is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Did you know that in 2002, Pope John Paul II declared that on this feast day the Church would pray for the sanctification of priests?

Take some time today to reflect on the infinite love and mercy pouring forth from Christ's heart and repent for the times we have wounded this Sacred Heart with our sins. Then offer a special prayer for our priests that they may reflect Christ's boundless love through their holy lives and faithful service.

1 comment:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Lovely image & prayer..Happy Feast Day