KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Friday, June 15, 2007

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Does anyone else see a problem with this?!


Planned Parenthood Reports Record Abortions, High Profits

By Randy Hall
CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
June 15, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - Despite a drop in donations and the first fall in income from clinics in its history, the nation's biggest abortion provider made a high profit last year, thanks to the American taxpayer. Pro-lifers want this to stop.

During its 2005-2006 fiscal year, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America performed a record 264,943 abortions, attained a high profit of $55.8 million and received record taxpayer funding of $305.3 million.

4 comments:

T with Honey said...

Profiting from abortions. That is truly sad.

Its very similar to the distress I felt when many years ago the health insurance companies were allowed to become 'for profit'. I couldn't live with myself if I had to make decisions to stop someone from getting life saving medical treatment just so my company can make a profit. Ugh! Just keep praying for a better America.

Ebeth said...

What do we need to do, Denise? I am appalled that my husband and I are paying for abortions! Write to our representatives? Senators! Start a riot!

Thanks for letting us in on this.
Ebeth

Rosemary Bogdan said...

Great post. Is it state or county dollars? Federal dollars?

Martin O'Shea said...

A graphic novel which may interest visitors to your blog is available from:

www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk

'The Least Among Us' explores the response of the Church to suffering in itself and a preview is available at: http://www.all-creatures.org/fol/ann-theleast.html

Whilst the book challenges certain attitudes and dogma it remains a Catholic (if underground) comic.

All best wishes,

Martin