KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Still So Much To Learn!!!

I saw this post at Postscripts from the Catholic Spitfire Grill and just have to share it with you.

Frankly Catholics need Sunday School more than Protestants. We have 2,000 years of incredible scholarship to learn about not to mention that book "we" put together and agreed on in 397 at the Council of Carthage. As Catholics we have the fullness of the Christian faith....that means we have MORE to know. It's time we started acting like it.

Then of course I see Rich Leonardi is picking up the adult faith formation ball and running with it.

Rich Leonardi is interested in forming a group to study the recently-released United States Catholic Catechism for Adults. This catechism is “written specifically for the ongoing catechetical formation of adults, to help Catholic adults in America continue to grow in faith in the person of Jesus Christ -- as God’s revealing love for the world -- and to live in the power of the Holy Spirit, the Teacher of us all.”


Rich also offers this challenge:

Members of St. Blog's spend a fair amount of time complaining about the lack of solid faith-formation programs at their parishes. Here's your chance to 'put up or ...'

You do not know how excited I am to see these efforts. Red Neck Woman is right on the money when she says Catholics still need Sunday School. Our Protestant brethren have done a far better job of creating a culture of continuing religious education than have we Catholics.

About a month ago I was asked to once again teach the seventh grade CCD class. In spite of my yearnings to teach the parents of these seventh graders, I agreed. However, much to my delight, the religious education director has agreed to move forward on my suggestion to offer a study of Pope Benedict’s new book, The Apostles. Please keep all these efforts for adult faith formation in your prayers. I also ask that you search your heart and see if perhaps you are called to lead such an effort in your own parish. Remember, God does not call the equipped. Rather He equips the called.

No comments: