KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Carnival 155 cries out to YOU!

Carnival 155 arrives like "Voices in the Wilderness!" There is something for everyone. Many thanks to DeoOmnisGloria for hosting. Let me also thank Christus Vincit for introducing me to Septuagesima. While this season has been dropped from the liturgical calendar after Vatican II, it is still part of the Extraordinary Form Liturgy. It is a time to get ready for Lent. What a good idea! Preparation is key to a meaningful Lent. Make sure you also read What Price Grace? from Eastward, Catholic Soldier. I've been trying to teach my 7th grade CCD class about Grace. It is a topic with layers and layers of understanding. This post offers some good words for reflection.

1 comment:

raising3saints said...

Thanks very much for the kind words about my post....I never know, when I post something I think might be profound, whether I am talking to the wind or whether I might touch someone. Please stop back, occasionally I write other interesting things!