KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Elvis......



.....and also to my darling daughter. I can't believe you are all grown up. It seems like yesterday that you were a baby in my arms. Now you are a young woman preparing to step out into the world. Just remember that flying solo doesn't mean flying alone. God will always be by your side. Blessed Mother and the Communion of Saints are ready to intercede on your behalf. My prayers for you will be perpetually lifted towards Heaven. So stride forward with confidence, but remember you always have a safe haven at home.

1 comment:

Barb, sfo said...

Wishing your daughter a very happy birthday and all the best as she leaves the "nest" this year.