KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, January 21, 2008

A Place to Pray for the Jesuits

Karen Hall has started a new Jesuit-themed blog, Some Wear Clerics.

my posts here will be geared to letting those same wise and holy Jesuits know that we know they are wise and holy, and we further know what they are enduring at the hands of not only a hostile world (Satan's fellow travelers) and sometimes at the hands of their more benighted brethren (Satan's useful idiots). But most importantly, that we recognize them as the ecclesial equivalent of The Resistance in a world that smacks of Vichy and we wish to hold them together, "body and soul."

To them I say: you are cradled in more prayers than you know. There is a traffic jam in heaven of near-herniated Guardian Angels ferrying our prayers on your behalf, and you are surrounded by that great, invisible, cloud of saints who will bear you up when things look bleak and hopeless. We're counting on you and your sacrifice -- insignificant or unheralded as it may seem today -- to one day yield the Society for which we all long and Christ's Bride needs.

I do not promise that every reader will finish reading every post with a glow in his heart, but I can promise I'll be speaking Truth to Power and, unlike progressives or other enuretics, I habitually recognize these items when I see them


You may be familiar with Karen's other excellent blog, Some Have Hats. I am sure her new venture will be equally informative and entertaining. Give it a look!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you so much for the plug. I think of the blog as a "feel better soon" card for my orthodox Jesuit friends, especially in light of the events of last week.