KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No Latte after 5:30 pm today

Just in case you are in the habit of an early evening Starbucks latte or cappuccino, the entire complement of Starbucks stores will be closing today at 5:30 pm for three hours of employee training. For those of us who tend to be caffeine based life forms, it is good to know ahead of time if our usual source is unavailable. Though I truly do prefer my home brewed java to the Starbucks variety.

2 comments:

Denise said...

oohhh, thanks for the heads up! That could have been dangerous if I showed up and couldn't get one ;-) Although I usually go for my caffeine break around 4.

David Jackson said...

Since coffee is a near sacramental for the largely un-churched Portland, Oregonians, the closure of Starbucks was hardly noticed and even celebrated by some who see their brew as an apostasy to the real coffee served by a handful of local roasters.