KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Thursday, March 27, 2008

An Evil Use of Tax Dollars

I finally filed my income tax return. Ugh! I guess I would feel better if I thought the government was putting my money to good use. But then I read an analysis like this one in the Washington Times:

Americans may be surprised to learn that Planned Parenthood has plenty of money, and taxpayers are contributing a large part of it. In 2005-06 it took in nearly $1 billion and boasted a surplus of $55 million. More than one-third of its income — $305 million — came from government subsidies. Its president receives an annual compensation of almost $1 million.

Do read the entire essay. It outlines the way Planned Parenthood ignores requirements to report suspected sexual abuse, targets minorities, and plays strongly partisan politics. As the authors state in their final paragraph:

One must wonder, then, whether taxpayers should continue to support an organization that is flush with money, has been willing to skirt or ignore laws intended to protect the people it claims to serve and may be targeting minorities with a practice many Americans believe immoral.


I can answer that question with a single word: NO!

2 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

The more you read about PP, the scarier it gets.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to link to it as well.

Rosemary Bogdan said...

This information gives me the chills. It so smacks of spiritual warfare. How could so many people think that PP does so much "good." It's insane.