KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Prayer Request

My daughter seriously injured her knee on Monday during the final game of a soccer tournament. If you have been following my blog for a while you know soccer is a big part of my daughter's life and she was on track to play soccer in college this fall. Her injury is probably not soccer career ending, but it very well may be freshman season ending. We are in the middle of the diagnostic portion of the process. I have no doubt that our prayers are being heard since it is nearly miraculous that we have managed to schedule both an MRI and a follow up appointment with an orthopedic surgeon within four days of her injury. Such speed in the military medical system is nearly unheard of. In any case, she has both a physical and emotional challenge ahead of her. I would greatly appreciate it if you would add her intentions to your daily prayers. Thank you.

4 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Praying!

Michelle said...

praying too.

Jim said...

I will be praying for your daughter.

Kitchen Madonna said...

Prayers like incense! My in-laws are coming this morning so I can offer it up! LOL