KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where's Catholic Mom?

I know I've been absent for the last week, but I have a really good reason. I've been to Aggieland (College Station, TX) for the graduation and commissioning of my oldest son.


My cadet graduated!



Then he became a Lieutenant! (Dad is administering the oath of office )




I got to help pin on his gold bars

Regular blogging will resume soon. Right now I am feeling a little teary-eyed as the first one leaps from the nest, but I am also very proud. He may be out of my house, but he will never be out of my prayers. There are prayers of thanksgiving for the privilege of being this young man's mother and prayers of supplication as he continues his journey.

9 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

Congratulations, and may God bless him as he begins his service to our country.

Denise said...

Congratulations to all of you!!! May God Bless your son in all his endeavors.

Thanks for sharing the pictures---they're beautiful!

Stina said...

Congratulations! A joyous time for the whole family! God bless your son for his service and God bless you for doing such a wonderful job raising your son.

Jim said...

Congratulations! May God continue to bless both your husband and your son as they protect us and our republic. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Did your son's girlfriend graduate from college as well?

Catholic Mom said...

She has another year to go. He is spending a couple of days with her family before he heads off to his first duty assignment.

Jackie Parkes said...

Please update your link to my new blog..details found at the old...many thanks..

Mary in CO said...

Felicitaciones and Whoop! It's a bittersweet thang to have your son fly the nest, and I know you're proud of him. We'll keep him in prayer, for his safety and his continued journey on God's Path.

Mary, aTm Class of '77

PS -- there's no limit (time or space) to the Spirit of Aggieland. While on TDY to Germany in the 60's, my Dad (also AF) visited a pub to drink a stein with friends. He happened to look up, and saw CARVED into the low wooden ceiling: "Gigem!"

PPS -- Did you visit St. Mary's while you were there? Awesome parish, with great ministry to students!

Ness said...

I just read about your son graduating and commissioning as a Lieutenant. Congratulations to you both. My son just did the same thing at SIU in Carbondale, IL. He did the ROTC Army program. He is doing the Gold Bar program at SIUC for the summer(recruitment) and will report to Ft. Sill, OK for BOLC II and III training on 2 November. I will keep your son in my prayers.