KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School

Right now my oldest son is in an Army training environment rather than an operational environment. My next two children started classes at Rice University this past Monday. Next week my youngest begins high school. And guess what--beginning next Monday, it is back to school for me as well. Only Catholic Dad will not be an official student.

Beginning next Monday, I will be participating in the certification program at the National Catholic Bioethics Center. I am a little nervous. It has been a long time since I was a real student. There will be reading assignments and homework and papers and......GRADES! Oh my!

I am hoping that once I complete this year-long program there will be gainful employment for a Catholic bioethicist/doctor/writer. We shall see.

I am not quite sure how this course will affect this blog. Like I tell my kids, I will have to get my schoolwork done before I play so the course work has priority over the blog. But I also suspect that the topics covered will stimulate a lot of thinking and discussion that I will want to share with you. So, stay tuned.

No comments: