KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bishop Loverde: What Are You Going To Do?

As I said earlier, I hope the bishops keep talking. Now I have a question for my own bishop: Bishop Loverde, what are you going to do about Gerry Connolly? He claims to be Catholic. Yet he approved anti-Catholic smears aimed at his opponent, Keith Fimian. He supports abortion. He also has some problems with the Church’s stand on women’s ordination. In a reader survey about the role of women in the Church, he wrote the following to the liberal publication, U.S. Catholic :

The good women are ignored. The good men are silenced.
--Gerry Connolly


Bishop Loverde, I love that you are out there praying at the abortion facilities, blessing our pro-life pharmacy, and writing great columns in the Arlington Herald. But now you have your very own “Pelosi problem”. Gerry Connolly is now a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. What are you going to do?

1 comment:

Lili said...

Bishop Loverde troubles me. He can say some pretty good things but then he falls down on a critical point like pro-abortion "Catholic" politicians in his own backyard. ie Rep. Jim Moran, now Jerry Connolly, and VA Gov.Tim Kaine

Now it is coming to light that because of a disagreement about a pre-election activity at some VA churches, VSHL Virginia's largest and oldest pro-life group will not be allowed to recieve any funding form the Richmond diocesethis year. It is my understanding that they have never gotten any financial support from Bishop Loverde!

VSHL has a great history of working with the church and in Richmond to see successful pro-life laws passed. and they are the only pro-life group in the state w/ a PAC so they can endorse the good pro-life candidates.

It seems crazy that the VA bishops would decide to create stumbling blocks to their vital work at a time like this! I hope some out there will decide to send them their support instead.