KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And So It Begins...

From LifeNews.com:

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Officials with the incoming administration of Barack Obama have confirmed that he will indeed overturn a pro-life policy of President Bush on his first day in office. Despite campaigning on the rhetoric of wanting to reduce abortions, Obama will make one of his first actions promoting them globally.


Today my husband, two of my sons and I attended Mass. We prayed for our country and we prayed for our new president. Then we came home and prepared a birthday brunch: omelets, grits, sausage, and biscuits. It was much more enjoyable to celebrate my birthday than to focus on the political happenings in DC.

Looks like I better enjoy today. As the above news item shows, President Obama is wasting no time in implementing his culture of death agenda. I hope all those "Catholics" who claimed President Obama was going to be the real pro-life candidate add their voices to the protest of using taxpayer dollars to fund abortions abroad.

Bishop Vasa has strong words for Catholic legislators that vote to expand abortion:
Such a vote would be tantamount to a public declaration of their intention to abandon the Catholic faith. It would be imperative that the faith consequences of such a declaration be allowed to fall fully on the heads of those who would make it.

Those "Catholics" who continue to unconditionally support Barack Obama as he dismantles pro-life policy after pro-life policy make a similar declaration and should suffer similar consequences.




1 comment:

Dismas said...

Did you ever put quotation marks around the word Catholics when describing those Catholics that supported the administration of former President George W. Bush?