KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Work of the Holy Spirit

I would greatly appreciate your prayers. Tonight our parish begins a series of six presentations on building the domestic church. Please pray that the Holy Spirit moves those who would benefit to be present. Also pray that the Holy Spirit gives me the words that need to be heard. Thanks.

UPDATE: I would call it a successful evening. I spoke to a full classroom and received many positive comments when it was done. Session 2 will be next Wednesday and I will speak on how keeping kids Catholic begins with keeping parents Catholic. Thank you for your prayers. God is good!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm disappointed I won't be able to join you for this class...but I whole-heartedly offer my prayers that you find all the right words to say.

I'm sure it will be a fruit-filled endeavor!

Eric said...

I hope the series goes well, and I'm interested in learning more about it. We're trying to develop a good adult catechesis program at my parish. We're finding we lose the youth because they're not getting any instruction at home. Parents care more about sports than religious education.

anyway, you have my prayers!