KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Man of Conscience

A man of conscience is one who never acquires tolerance well-being, success, public standing, and approval on the part of prevailing opinion at the expense of truth.
--Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, On Conscience

It is very easy to read this, shake my head, and point to all those who compromise their principles for the sake of political advancement. What is more difficult, is to look in the mirror and think of all the times I stayed silent for fear of offending. Fear of being the subject of gossip has tied my tongue. Speaking the truth does not have to be confrontational. It can be done with charity. Speaking the truth is not judgmental. It is merciful.

No comments: