KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Washington Post Gets One Right

I subscribe to both the Washington Post and the Washington Times figuring if I read both I can sort the truth out as somewhere in the middle. Today, however, the Washington Post offers an editorial on health care reform that is spot on:

For liberals, labor unions and others pushing to make health care available to all Americans, however, the fixation on a public plan is bizarre and counterproductive. Their position elevates the public plan way out of proportion to its importance in fixing health care. It is entirely possible to imagine effective health-care reform -- changes that would expand coverage and help control costs -- without a public option.


The Washington Post has rarely met a big government option it has not embraced. Yet even the Washington Post is questioning the wisdom of government run health care. You can read more of my thought on health care by following the health care link on the side bar under serial posts. I do see a role for government, but it is as a safety net, not as a primary provider. You can read about that here and here.

No comments: