KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, May 09, 2009

How Does My Mary Garden Grow?

A few days ago I suggested you honor both Mom and Blessed Mother with a Mary Garden. Since we finally have a sunny day I thought I would share what is blooming in my garden. My abundant supply of daffodils is all gone but I have several things taking their place. Most appropriate for a Mary garden is my John Paul II clematis.
I have had this clematis for four years. This is the first year I have gotten several large blooms at once. Clematis is a great plant for testing your virtue of patience.











Last fall I planted these irises. They are called batik irises since they should call to mind batik fabric.

















The azaleas are in full bloom





My peonies are about to burst forth with various shades of pink











I need help identifying this perennial. I planted it two years ago and it gives me these lovely clusters of very light blue star shaped flowers. I just can't remember the name of this plant.



This is false indigo. These delicate blue blossoms would be a lovely addition to a perennial Mary garden.



What is growing in your garden?

No comments: