KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Cult

Is it just in the D.C. Metro area or is everyone else seeing images of Obama plastered on cars, T-shirts, water bottles, and key chains? Think Mao or Che Guevara. It is so pervasive that when I saw the new Pepsi advertising campaign I thought the Pepsi symbol was more Obama worship. Seems a little too similar to me!


Now we have the editor of Newsweek comparing Obama to God:



This is not healthy for our nation. This is not healthy for democracy.

One more reason I will be on my knees praying to the real God!

3 comments:

Stevie said...

I'm speechless...and sad. Unbelievable. I am so glad I know the real God...if Obama was my god, I think it would be pretty depressing. Ours is SO much better!

Daily Dirt Manager said...

I thought that the pepsi symbol changed to look too similar to the obama symbol and mentioned it to my family and you know it wasn't until I mentioned it did they realize the similarity. Way too subtle and sneaky... I think. The whole mention of the him being "above everything" or "like God"...sounds to me like having some "fear of the Lord" would remind this man of his place as well as it reminds me of my place on my knees in prayer for our country and our faith. I love your blog, I just started reading it, keep up the great work.
In Christ,
Kate

Barb, sfo said...

Yes, the Pepsi symbol has changed recently. I hadn't noticed the similarity to Obama's logo until you pointed it out, but defintitely YES, it is there.

Scary how we have come to the point where our president is recognized as a brand.