KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz J├Ągerst├Ątter

Monday, June 08, 2009

Got Strawberries?



Take this ice cream maker


Use the strawberry ice cream recipe from this cookbook.





Use strawberries picked at their peak of sweetness like the ones I got at Saturday’s farmers market. Heaven must be something like this.

2 comments:

gradchica said...

I tried this last year after strawberry picking but it ended up tasting like bland strawberry coolwhip. Did you change the recipe at all? Just wondering!

Catholic Mom said...

I used the recipe as written. I did use cream--not half & half. I did cook the strawberries with a bit of sugar before putting them in the cream and sugar mixture. It is also important to cool the mixture thoroughly before putting it in the ice cream freezer. Everyone thought it was the best strawberry ice cream they had ever had!