KITCHEN TABLE CHATS

Pull up a chair in my domestic church and let's chat!

I have worn many labels (Not in any particular order): Catholic, Wife, Mom,Gramma, Doctor, Major, Soccer Mom, Military Wife, Professor, Fellow.

All of these filter my views of the world. I hope that like St. Monica, I can through prayer, words and example, lead my children and others to Faith.
"The important thing is that we do not let a single day go by in vain without putting it to good use for eternity"--Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Evangelizing Catholic Aggies


My oldest son graduated from Texas A&M and was a member of the student Catholic community at St. Mary’s in College Station, TX. My future daughter-in-law was received into the Catholic Church at St. Mary's this past Easter. I can give you first-hand testimony that there is an amazing Catholic presence at Texas A&M University.

But don’t take my word for it. Take a look at this awesome evangelization program Aggie Catholics started and are sharing with college communities across the country and around the world:

Ask A Catholic A Question is a program of evangelization from St. Mary's Catholic Center at Texas A&M University. The program's success on-campus was followed by a reputation, which has spread across the country. Several other campus ministries, organizations, and individuals asked for a "how-to" manual, which we are happy to offer both through this website and the AACAQ Manual (pdf) available for download.

Another sign of the incredible Catholic culture at A&M is the number of vocations coming out of College station.

In the last nine years, 75 Aggies have entered formation for the priesthood and religious life, which makes the average 8.33/year (yes, even Aggies know you can't have one-third of a priest or nun). We give thanks to God for making 2006 a way above average year [14 in 2006].

I hope there are some bishops taking notice. Imagine if every diocese produced at least eight religious vocations every year the way this one college campus does.

1 comment:

Rosemary Bogdan said...

God bless them and their efforts. What wonderful fruit.